Belmead Physical Therapy
#300 8944 182 Street W
Edmonton, AB

Belmead Physical Therapy Logo - Rehabilitation

Motor Vehicle Accident Related Claims

If you have been in a motor vehicle accident, you should contact your motor vehicle insurance company and inform them that you have been in an accident. They will send you an accident benefits package with all the forms that you will need to fill out.

You should seek out treatment for any injuries immediately. Even if you feel only mild discomfort or stiffness, try to make an appointment with your family physician and/or physical therapist within 10 days of the accident. They will perform a complete assessment, determine a diagnosis and recommend a treatment plan for you injuries at this time.

People who suffer from minor sprains/strains and whiplash injuries and choose to be inside of the protocols have pre-approved access to 12 weeks of treatment following the date of the collision. You do not need approval from your insurance company to begin treatment and you will not have to pay out of pocket for the treatments. Care-providers bill the insurance companies directly. If further treatment is required after 12 weeks, it can be requested by your physical therapist.

People who suffer from major injuries automatically fall outside of the protocol system. Several components of Section B benefits have also been pre-approved for treatments for more serious injuries. You do not need a referral from a doctor or your insurance company’s approval to obtain initial access to these benefits if you are seeking treatment related to your collision, though the pre-approval is subject to dollar limits. Your physician and/or physical therapist will help you determine the extent of your injuries and provide a treatment plan.


#300 8944 182 Street
Edmonton, AB
[Map of Belmead Location]

Ph: 780-444-0500
Fx: 780-444-6788